Joseph G. Yocum, DVM
Dr. Yocum has been an equine practitioner in Central Kentucky since graduating from Auburn College of Veterinary Medicine in 1983. At that time Dr. Yocum joined the prestigious equine practice Hagyard Davidson and McGee and worked in that capacity for 15 years. In 1998 he accepted a job as the resident veterinarian at Overbrook Farm in Lexington, Ky and was appointed general manager in 2002.
In 2010 Dr. Yocum returned to private practice and opened Green Tree Veterinary Services and The Centre for Regenerative Medicine. Dr. Yocum is the chief equine consultant for Medivet-America, the leading veterinary regenerative medicine company in the United States.
Dr. Yocum is married with four children and lives in Danville, Kentucky. He is an avid swimmer and bicyclist.
Honors and Achievements
- Board certified by the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners.
- President of the Kentucky Association of Equine Practitioners.
- Equine program director for the KVMA in 1997.
- Mid-America Veterinary Conference presenter on advanced equine reproductive technology.
- Equine Welfare Committee of the American Association of Equine Practitioners member.
- Dr. Yocum has presented papers at Sydney University and in Hong Kong on regenerative medicine.
Green Tree Veterinary Service is located at the Bluegrass Equine Center.
Directions to Bluegrass Equine Center
Bluegrass Equine Center is less than an hour from Churchill Downs and less than 30 minutes from Keeneland.
- Take I-64 E towards Lexington
- Take Exit 48 towards Lawrenceburg on US-127
- Turn right on to US-127
- Continue for 25 miles Bluegrass Equine Center will be on the left
- Take US-60 W/Versailles Rd towards Versailles
- Take Bluegrass Parkway towards Elizabethtown
- Take Exit 49A toward Harrodsburg/Danville on US-127
- Continue for 5 miles Bluegrass Equine Center will be on the left